Key Nutrients in BRUNSWICK® Canned Seafood
Each delicious tin of BRUNSWICK® canned seafood is power packed with nutrients for every stage of life:
- OMEGA-3 ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS – found in sardines, these essential fatty acids, necessary for maintaining your health, have been linked to a reduction in the risk of a number of major diseases.
- CALCIUM – Required by the body for muscle contraction, blood clotting, nerve function and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. Sardines are a great source of calcium, especially for people who are lactose intolerant.
- IRON – The iron found in sardines helps build red blood cells, improves concentration, may help to prevent anemia and lower susceptibility to colds and infections.
- POTASSIUM – The potassium found in sardines helps the body to maintain normal water balance and regulate neuromuscular activity. It also promotes cellular growth.
- PROTEIN – The protein found in sardines helps build and repair body tissues and helps build antibodies.
- VITAMIN B-12 – The vitamin B-12 found in sardines is needed for building red blood cells and for the proper functioning of both the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.
- RIBOFLAVIN – The riboflavin found in sardines is essential for growth. It plays a role in protein, carbohydrate, and fat metabolism in the human body.
- VITAMIN D – The vitamin D found in sardines is essential for normal growth and development. It helps form and maintain bones and teeth and enhances the absorption of calcium and phosphorous.
Any way you look at it, BRUNSWICK® Sardines make a great meal or snack choice. Eating two cans of BRUNSWICK® Sardines a week provides between 2 and 3 grams of the Omega-3 you need to promote good health.
Each can of BRUNSWICK® Sardines will provide you with:
- CALCIUM - at least 20% of your daily requirement.
- PROTEIN – 15 to 17 g protein, which puts you half way toward fulfilling your daily needs
- IRON – 8% of your daily requirement for iron, of particular importance to women